Grapefruit – a large, round, yellow citrus fruit with an acid, juicy pulp
Health Benefits of Grapefruit
- immune system – grapefruit can combat free radicals – cancer, stroke and heart attack may all be related to free radicals
- prevents kidney stones – kidney stones are a build up of calcium that must pass through the urethra, which is very painful or be broken up
- natural fat burner – just by eating a half of grapefruit or drinking a glass of grapefruit juice before each meal
- increases your metabolism – grapefruit speeds up your metabolism which helps with you losing weight
- cleans your liver – detoxing the liver can help with conditions such as depression, stiff muscles and chronic headaches
- helps protect against prostate cancer – because grapefruits contain antioxidants that attack carcinogens – eating grapefruit regularly can help combat and prevent prostate cancer
- prevents lung cancer – consuming three 6 ounce glasses daily has been shown to reverse cigars and cigarettes damage in smokers
- reduces bad cholesterol – eating grapefruit can lower your LDL (bad cholesterol) by 15%
- prevents gum disease – can prevent and reverse damage caused by gum disease
Grapefruit was first in South America. Grapefruit is filled with vitamin C and has many health benefits.
Always talk to your doctor before making any dietary changes!
BLS Fact of the Week
If there is an advanced airway in place, you perform continuous chest compressions with a breath every 6 seconds.
ACLS Fact of the Week
H’s and T’s – This week is tension pneumothorax.
Tension pneumothorax – develops when there is a build up of air in the pleural space which can lead to cardiac arrest. Signs may include unequal breath sounds, tracheal deviation, difficult ventilation and JVD. This condition can be treated with a needle decompression.
4/29/2017 @ 9:00 am
4/29/2017 @ 9:00 am
BLS Provider Skills Session
4/29/2017 @ 11:00 am
ACLS Skills Session
We also offer onsite training. Please call us today to schedule!
Chris – 239-292-4225
Class Schedule is subject to change.
Please call if you have any questions!