Lemons – a yellow, oval citrus fruit with thick skin and fragrant, acidic juice
Health Benefits of Lemons
- lemons help restore the body’s pH
- they are high in vitamin C and flavonoids that help fight against the flu and colds
- lemons detoxify your liver
- they also help cleanse your bowels – just drink some lemon in warm water every morning
- lemons are also used to treat scurvy
- the lemon peel contains tangeretin which has been proven to be effective for brain disorders such as Parkinson’s disease
- lemons destroy intestinal worms
- the juice from lemons destroy the bacteria of malaria, cholera, diphtheria, typhoid and other deadly diseases
- lemons are also useful in treating high blood pressure
- lemons contain 22 anti-cancer compounds
- the lemon is the only food in the world that is anionic which means an ion with a negative charge — all other foods are cationic which means an ion with a positive charge — this ultimately provides all cell energy
Lemons trees can produce fruit all year round. One tree can produce anywhere from 500 to 600 pounds of lemons per year.
Always talk to your doctor before making any dietary changes!
BLS Fact of the Week
More than 5,000 people died from choking in 2015. According to Injury Facts 2017, choking is the 4th leading cause of unintentional injury death. Of the 5,051 people who died from choking in 2015, 2,848 were older than 74. Food is often responsible for choking incidents in the elderly.
ACLS Fact of the Week
H’s and T’s – This week is coronary thrombosis.
Coronary thrombosis is a blockage within the coronary artery. The occlusion in the blood vessel prevents blood flow to the heart. Treatment includes angioplasty and stent placement or coronary bypass surgery.
5/26/2017 @ 10:00 am
5/26/2017 @ 2:00 pm
5/27/2017 @ 9:00 am
5/27/2017 @ 9:00 am
HeartSaver CPR / AED
5/27/2017 @ 11:00 am
BLS Skills Session
We also offer onsite training. Please call us today to schedule!
Chris – 239-292-4225
Class Schedule is subject to change.
Please call if you have any questions!