In this intense workshop, you will learn the proper blood collection procedures including venipunctures and capillary punctures, order of draw, and preananlytical considerations. This workshop is designed to help sharpen your skills in phlebotomy.
Who should take this workshop?
- Medical Assistants
- Students in medical programs
- Certified Nursing Assistants
- Anyone who wants to sharpen their skills
Some of the topics covered in workshop:
- Venipuncture Procedure
- Fingerstick Procedure
- Order of Draw
- Specimen Quality
- Troubleshooting Failed Venipuncture
Some of the hands-on topics covered in training:
- Dermal Puncture
- Butterfly Puncture
This is an intense and fast paced 8 hour workshop for medical professionals.
- Must be 18 years old or older.
- Must have high school diploma or GED.
- Must have social security card.
- Must have some medical background for this workshop.
- Must be able to perform live sticks & have live sticks performed on you.
- Must pay a $100.00 non-refundable fee.
- Must pay balance the day of the class.
The cost of the class is $250.00 and includes all the supplies for the class. If you want to take the national exam, there is an additional non-refundable fee of $105.00.
The following dates are tentative dates for the year 2017. These dates are subject to change. Please always call to confirm the dates!
- January 28, 2017
- February 24, 2017
- March 25, 2017
- April 28, 2017
- May 27. 2017
- June 30, 2017
- July 29, 2017
- August 25, 2017
- September 30, 2017
- October 27, 2017
- November 25, 2017
- December 29, 2017
Upon successful completion of the class, you will receive a certificate of completion and you will have the option to take the National Exam. National Exam will be held on a different day that is agreed upon by the class.